Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another busy week, and another one coming!



Busy, Busy, busy...I can't seem to get caught up! I spent Monday and Tuesday cleaning up the trailer and getting everything put up, laundry done from that. Bluck!! After getting all that done, Wednesday I could not do a thing! I played Farm Town...Guitar Hero...Wii Fit...and other numerous video games with the girls. After church, I made Haley's cake for her party so I could decorate them the next day...needless to say, I was up to 11:00 baking cakes.

Thursday morning I get up and finally make myself get up to decorate it. I made the icing, and iced the cake, and then I waited...waited...and waited for the icing to crust. After about an hour, it finally did! I don't know if it was the humidity or what, but it has never taken that long to crust! Finally, I get to actually start decorating it...talk about some hand cramps! I could tell it has been a while since I decorated a cake!

A few friends and family come..Haley was kind of disappointed, she wanted more people...more people=more presents. We still had fun. It was the year of the gift cards!! Thanks everyone for coming!

Friday we head to Lubbock for Haley's Learn to Golf through Scottish Rite on Saturday. If your child goes to Scottish Rite Hospital, take advantage of this program, it is AWESOME! The Golf Pro from the Tech Rawls Course, and several members of the Tech Golf team, and other Rawls course employees, volunteer their time to help these kids learn to play golf. I even learned some stuff listening to them! They provide the kids with golf clubs to keep, and a $500 scholarship for lessons. We love Scottish Rite!!

On the way home we got a phone call from Robby's mom saying "Where are you? There are storms everywhere!" We tell her we are almost to Matador and she says, "Stop there and wait!! There is a big storm with tornados that is going to cross the road between Matador and Paducah!" So we stop and sit at the Allsups (because there is nothing else in Matador) for about 30 minutes, when a trooper pulls up. Robby goes and asks him how it was looking, and he said we could make it on now, but it was probably a good thing we stopped! We finally made it home, 3 1/2 hours after we left Lubbock. Thanks Barbara for the phone call!

I get to church this morning and am walking back to my Sunday School room, and my best friend says "hey, come here..." I was like, "what?" Figuring it was something about VBS and she says "I'm pregnant!" I started screaming and jumping up and down! They could here me all over the church! I was just so excited I couldn't keep it in! I had just decided they were never going to have a kid, and now I am so excited for them! Congratulations, Leisa and Stephen!!

That's the big happenings from this last week. Vacation Bible School starts tomorrow...busy, busy again..Bring your kids out! They will have lots of fun!!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment