Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Lists

Every year Robby asks me to what I want for Christmas. After I think and ponder for a while, I tell him. Several years ago he started asking me to print a picture of what I want of the internet. It has worked out very well...with a few surprises along the way.

The first year we started this I asked for a new one of these.... A Parallel Bible...this is 2 Bibles in one! You can't beat it! My Bible I was using was the one my church had given me with my maiden name engraved on it...Robby went the extra mile and had my new name engraved on it!!

The next year, I started collecting these......
This was an easy year...I believe I got 3 houses for Christmas that year.

Last Christmas I had 2 BIG things that I wanted....


I wanted an itouch....and a Callaway Big Bertha Driver (if you are not a golfer, these drivers can be quite expensive.) So, I was expecting one or the other...not both, which is okay (my birthday is just 3 weeks after Christmas, I would ask for which ever one I didn't get for my birthday!)

Christmas morning came, the girls opened their stuff, Robby opened his stuff, then I opened mine. Robby handed me a small wrapped box...the size of an ipod box...and to no surprise, that is what it was. Then he got up, went into the other room and came back with a long, skinny box. Well, there is only thing that could be in a box like that! I just sat there for a while just looking at it. I was in awe! I would have NEVER believed he would have gotten me both! As I am sitting there, the girls are jumping up and down telling me to open it, Robby is saying open it, so I open it. There it was...my Callaway Big Bertha Driver! I was so excited that I started crying! Here I am on Christmas morning, in my pajamas crying over a driver!! I kept telling Robby, we can't afford both of them, we have to take one of them back! He wouldn't let me...which is fine. I use my ipod on a daily basis...I have all of my important info in it, and my driver added about 20 yards to my drive (which I so desperately needed!)

So this year, I am asking for a new one of these...one of these, with lane assist...Robby NEVER drives in Dallas, and he's not too good with a map, this will help me out alot!

and of course one of these.....We will see what I actually get and if there are any surprises!! I'll be sure to let you know!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say one of the best gifts I've ever received from Richard was last year when he gave me my Garmin GPS system (we named her Lucy). I use it ALL the time and it is priceless! When we were in Oklahoma City, Dawn and Belinda were so impressed that I could just zip anywhere I wanted to because we didn't have to stop and ask for directions. I hope one ends up under the tree for you this year!

    p.s. If he hasn't bought it yet, you might drop the hint that Richard got mine on ebay and it was much less expensive! :)

    ReplyDelete