Monday, December 7, 2009

Deeper Still


This past weekend, Leisa, Erika, Sara, Melissa R, Noemi, and myself went to Oklahoma City for the Deeper Still conference. It was AWESOME!! Leisa, Erika, and I left about 8:30 Friday morning and headed that way. We had some Christmas shopping we needed to do before hand! We had so much fun!! We laughed until we cried and our bellies hurt! We stayed up late...in fact, we only "napped" about 3 hours Friday night. We ate and ate and ate some more!! It reminded me of when Leisa and I were in high school going to the Dawson McAllister Conferences, except we didn't have any adults to tell us it was time to go to bed, or we had to be in the room by a certain time...scary thing! We had a blast, and learned sooo much!!

The conference itself was just awesome! Kay Arthur, Beth Moore, and Priscilla Shirer all had wonderful messages that hit home each in it's own way. I will blog more about each of them later, for some reason, I am feeling compelled to go back through my notes, reread the texts in the Bible, and write about how it impacts me. Now, I have never done anything like this, but I feel God is leading me to do it, so I will. It might take me some time to get all 3 of them done, but I will!

Travis Cottrell and his Worship team did the music. It was AWESOME! There is nothing like being in a big arena with 9,000 other women singing Praise and Worship songs! There were a couple of times, when they would quit singing in the microphones, the music would stop, and it was just accapella...it gave me goosebumps every time...you could just feel the Holy Spirit moving through that room!

If you ever get a chance to go to one of these, or any other conference, GO!! It will change your life!

I will post some pictures later...I forgot my camera, but Erika took hers and she is supposed to send me a copy of them. Hurry up, Erika!!

1 comment: