Thursday, April 1, 2010

NO, I'M NOT CHANGING CHURCHES!!

I'm going to get on my soap box for a little bit, because I am tired of explaining this to many people.  

Yes, God has called Shane and Sara to another church.  NO, I am NOT leaving MY church just because the preacher is leaving!!  My Great-Grandparents were some of the first members of Calvary.  My grandparents, and parents were married there, I was baptized there, married there, and Haley has been baptized there.  The only way I will leave is if they chain the doors shut, and then they will still have to pull me away kicking and screaming!

 The preacher does not make the church, it is the members and the people in it.  If it weren't for the members, there would be no church for the preacher to come to! 


and NO, I am NOT mad at Shane and Sara...they are following GOD, and doing what GOD is telling them to do.   I think we ALL need to listen more closely to what GOD is telling us to do.  Isaiah 50:5 says, "The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me, and I have listened.  I do not rebel or turn away."  They are doing what The Sovereign Lord has told them.  I know this.  I feel if you are mad at Shane and Sara for doing GOD's will, not theirs or what you think it should be, then you need to hit the floor and pray! 

I am going to miss Shane, Sara, and Noah dearly, but I know this is what is in GOD's plan for them.  GOD already has another preacher lined up for our church, and I can't wait to meet him!

Jehovah is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.  Jehovah is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.  It is good that a man should hope and quietly wait for the salvation of Jehovah.  Lamentations 3:24-26

This is the end of my soap box.  Thanks for reading. 

1 comment:

  1. That was a great soap box. I am sorry that you are losing someone you love. I know how hard that is. It is also wonderful that you feel that strong a connection to a church when most people could care less.

    ReplyDelete