Tuesday, April 20, 2010

4-H

This has been quite a learning year for us in 4-H.  Haley was a member last year, but she didn't really do anything, except for photography.  We entered a couple of pictures and they did ok.  This year it seems we have been working on 4-H projects all year!

Haley entered the Food Show with her Pumpkin Muffins.  She won her category and was able to advance on to District.  Something happened...I don't remember what...and she wasn't able to go to District.  Don't they look scrumptious?

The Fashion Show...What can I say??  Haley worked her fingers off on those PJ's, well so did my Mom helping her.  She would sew the seam...it wasn't right....she would rip it out and do it all over again.  They slaved for HOURS over those things!  They are so cute, and so cute on her.  We go to District, and you know what wins?   A  TUTU!!  It was cute and all, but come on!!  A couple of seams and you are done!  We had pants, tops, hems, sleeves, neckline, "H" embellished on the top...Come ON!!  So that was me being a Mom who thinks her daughter is perfect, and can do no wrong.  But I know that is not true, and it really doesn't matter to me if Haley won, or if she didn't.  I just wanted her to have the experience to see if this is something she wanted to further her skills in.  In Haley's words, "I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN!"

Photography...Now this is our event!!  Haley had been taking pictures since the photo contest last year.  She took pictures camping, on vacation, during the storm and weather, she took pictures of all kinds of things!  Haley entered 10 pictures this year..you can see them here.   Out of her 10 pictures, 8 went on to District.  3 of her pictures won Blue award..which is the high level award...4 won red awards...the mid-level award.  1 picture won the entire category for Black and White Landscape!!  I am so proud of her!  I believe this will be the event she really excels in!


I am diving into a new business venture...be watching for more information!!

No comments:

Post a Comment