Monday, October 12, 2009

QUIET LOVES

Our Sunday School lesson yesterday was about the Good Samaritan. The 3 girls (one of which is Auzlyn) in my 1st & 2nd grade class have been coming to Sunday School pretty much their whole life, so they know this story, as well as many others. For these common stories, I try to find something that they might not know.

One thing that my book mentioned was "Quiet Loves" and how to show love to your neighbor without coming right out and say it. At first, they didn't quite understand it, but when I asked them had their mom or dad ever put a little note in their lunch box, they all said yes. I told them that was a "Quiet Love" Just a simple little note, nothing big or bold about it. Then, we talked about other ways to show "Quiet Love" to people other than family. Let me tell you, these girls had some great ideas. I always wonder if they ever really hear what I am trying to teach them. I know they are listening, but are they hearing?

Last night, as I was heading to bed, I noticed that there was a piece of paper on my pillow as well as Robby's. I unfolded my paper, which was cut out like a heart, and inside it, it said, "Love is you and me. Auzlyn Grace Jones"(in cursive, because that is her thing now) with a piece of candy in it. I do not know when she did this, or where she found "Love is you and me" (She probably googled it at some point during the day.) Robby's said the same thing. It was so sweet! This showed me that they really are listening, and understanding what is going on.

"And to love Him with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself, is far more important than all the burnt offerings and sacrifices.” Mark 12:33

HAVE YOU GIVEN YOUR QUIET LOVE TODAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment