Monday, March 1, 2010

It's Been a While....

Oh my!! I just realized how long it has been since I last posted!  Everything has been so busy and crazy, and can't seem to keep my head on straight!  Let me update you on the happening's around our crazy world.

All of Robby's test came back fine...the Doctor wants him to go to Houston for testing on some rare diseases, but he won't even consider it might be his shoulder.  We are through with this Doctor...I think we are going to get an appointment with Dr. Pickett to look at his shoulder.

I have started Beth Moore's "Esther" Bible Study.  This is taking up quite a bit of my time....but I am LOVING IT!!  There are times I just have to stop and say "Oh my gosh!! This stuff really happened!!"  It is a very eye opening study!!

Auzlyn got her 100 AR Points!!

Haley and I attended Simply Stunning this past weekend at FBC Vernon.  It is a really neat Mother/Daughter event for preteen girls that tackle issues that these girls are facing.  Allison Martin and Kendra Lakey did the entire conference from music to the lessons...I love Allison Martin!!  She works the church camps that the girls go to in the summer!   Haley got a lot out of this weekend..and frankly so did I.  They covered topics from how to have your quiet time with God, to cell phones..and it is ok if you don't have one, to how to dress, to boys, to bullying and the mean girls, and how God wants you to handle these situations.  They have this event every year, and if you have the opportunity to attend, I would strongly suggest that you go.

Haley is entering the 4H fashion show...which means we have to sew some clothes before March 25.  Haley has never sewn before, so I bought her some material, drug out my sewing machine, and she has been making pillows and just sewing straight seems.  She is getting the hang of it.  I am glad she decided to make pajamas for her project...Super easy with elastic waist!!

Haley and Auzlyn are both enter the 4H photography contest...which pictures are due in by March 12.  We have pictures the girls have taken throughout the year, but there are a few more things Haley wants to go take pictures of.  Now we have to pick out which pictures to use, which category the fit in, edit them, put them on a disc, and go print in 8x10 size.  This really shouldn't take too long.

We have started the 5th 6 weeks of school!!  OH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!  I have already started on my year end activities for school...like PO's for next year, ARDs, inventory, TAKS tutoring.

I am finalizing details and itinerary for our church trip to Great Wolf Lodge over spring break.  I am extremely excited about going!!  I almost think more so than the kids.  Robby and I both need a break from our day to day grind. 

Just 24 more days and my baby will be 7!!  =(  This makes me very, very sad!

With all this said..I hope everyone has a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous. I want to do that Esther bible study. I want to go to that conference with my child. I want to take pictures with my child. I may have to get involved in something. Or maybe... I could just live vicariously through you...!!! Glad to hear that Robbie's tests were ok. Hope he finds the answer and it is an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete