Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24, 2003 Part 2

Let me back track a little.  I had Haley in 5 hours and only pushed 3 times.  The nurses told me not to push to wait for Dr. Darter to get there.  It is kind of hard not to push when your body is telling you "IT'S TIME!!  NOW PUSH!!"  He got there just in time to catch her.  I credit my quick labors to Weekly visits to Dr. Nall, and NO EPIDURAL! This whole pregnancy I had been telling Dr. Darter, when my labor starts, it is going to be fast, so when they call and tell you I'm at the hospital, you better run and get there.


This is about 8:15.  I am hurrying trying to get my legs shaved, I holler at Robby to call his mom to come pick up Haley, he was on the phone with Callie at the time.  I get out, try to get dressed as quickly as possible.  As I am finishing up getting dressed, I holler at Robby AGAIN to call his mom, he is still on the phone.  This time, I think he got the point...I was in the middle of a contraction and in a deep, growling, half yelling voice I said "GET OFF THE PHONE NOW!! CALL YOUR MOM! I NEED TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!!"  Needless to say, he hung up the phone and called.  Thanks to Leisa, my bag had been packed for about 6 weeks.  Once Bob and Barbara got there, we headed to the hospital.
I remember every little bump in the road just hurting, and me just telling Robby to quit hitting the bumps!  They hurt!

We get to the hospital about 8:40, go in through the ER, and Sonya is waiting on us.  I had to stop in the hallway a couple of times on the way back to the LDRP for contractions.  We finally made it back there, I get all hooked up to the machines and then they check me...I am dialated to a 4.  Sonya goes out to call Dr. Darter and tells him how everything is looking while the LVN is getting me an IV started.  The LVN gets my IV started and leaves the room to go get my antibiotic (I had group b strep with both girls), and soon as she leaves, my water breaks...9:30.  We call Sonya back in, she checks me, I'm at a 7 and all I remember is that LVN RUNNING back out of my room to go get the antibiotic, and Sonya is on the phone in my room calling Dr. Darter.  He had listened to me, and was already on his way to the hospital.   Robby, my mom, and Jennifer S.(who was going through nursing school) were in there trying to calm me down.


The LVN gets back and starts pushing the antibiotic in, by this time Dr. Darter is there, and I'm at a 9.  At this point, I am screaming for some demoral and this sweet, little nurse was going to give it to me until Dr. Darter says NO! (how dare him!)  He says by the time it takes affect, this baby will be here and he says with the next contraction...PUSH!  So I push.  The only thing I really remember is Sonya getting in my face, and telling me to stop screaming and push!  I did what she said, and with one and a half pushes...out came my little Auzlyn Grace! at 10:11pm.

We didn't find out what she was going to be, this is the only real surprise God can give you.

Unbeknown to me, standing outside in the hallway was Bob...my father-in-law, Jason...my brother, Kevin & Shallee....brother & sister-in-law, Joseph...brother-in-law.  Shallee was telling me later that night, that all the guys were just laughing at me at how much I was screaming, and she started crying telling them to stop because they just don't understand the pain!  and they don't.  During this time, Leisa and Jennifer P. come strolling up thinking they have gotten there before the baby...but they didn't.  They were in shock that I had already had her.  Barbara shows up with Haley, and she will only let Barbara hold her...she didn't know what to think.

HAPPY 7TH BRITHDAY!!  MY SWEET LITTLE AUZ!!  YOU HAVE BROUGHT SO MUCH JOY AND LAUGHTER INTO OUR LIVES!!  YOU WILL ALWAYS BE OUR BABY GIRL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment