Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 24, 2003 Part 1

I woke up on this Monday morning, took a shower and started getting ready for work.  Robby and I had discussed that this would be my last day to work...I was tired, exhausted, swollen feet, and just didn't feel good.  It was just 1 week before my due date, and I had a doctor's appointment that afternoon anyways.  I got Haley up, who was 3 months shy of being 3, and took her to my mom's house.  Robby was already gone to work.  I went into the school office that morning and told Mary that I just wasn't going to be able to come back to work after today.  I went down to my room, and basically sat all day with my feet propped up, I did as little as possible.

My appointment was at 2:00.  Robby had taken off work early to go with me.  We got right in to see Dr. Darter.  He came in and said, "My gosh, you look miserable!"  I told him, "I feel miserable, and you better do something about it!"  He preceded to tell me that my Grandpa had been in to see him that morning, and they had a nice conversation about me.  Pretty much, my Grandpa, in all his knowledge, told him that it was time for this baby to come out!  Thank you Grandpa!  After Dr. Darter checked me, I was dialated to a 2, so he gave me the "magic pill" to take when I left the clinic.

I take the "magic pill" and we go pick up Haley and go to Wal-Mart to have her last only child picture made.  This was during her non-picture taking phase.  We walk around Wal-Mart for a little bit, I'm getting tired and achey.  It is finally our turn for the pictures!!  We get the picture taken, after much bribery from Robby, my mom, and myself.  We head home.

I sit down for a little bit, by this time Leisa and Jennifer P. show up at my house to walk.  What are friends for?  We start walking...I am still tired and achey, but we walk.  I don't want to get too far from the house, because the baby had been sitting on my bladder.  We just walk around 2 blocks, come back to the house, so I can use the restroom, and go again.  We do this for about an hour, I'm not really feeling anything, just still achey.  I decide I'm hungry.  We order pizza Leisa and Jennifer P. take their kids to their homes.

After I eat, I decide I need to take a bath and shave.  I am relaxing in my nice, warm, bath and....it starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment