Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to the Routine!

As we are starting the second week of school, it seems my life has taken on a familiar run of events. Get up, shower, get the girls up, fix them breakfast, get dressed, make sure the girls are getting dressed, fix lunches and then off to school. This is the same routine I have done since Haley was in Kindergarten...but hey, it works!

After school is when it gets really fun! Mondays, we go to the grocery store. Come home, put the groceries up and then it is bathroom cleaning time. I hate to clean the bathrooms more than anything, so that is why it is the first room of the week! Tuesdays are kitchen days...the second worse room to clean. Wednesday is piano and church night. That normally takes the afternoon up, so I don't do any cleaning that day. Thursdays are living room days...the girls can pretty much clean the living room by themselves, so I normally supervise them. Friday afternoons, I go to the Glass Shop, write checks, pay bills and do the deposit. Rule for Friday at our house is "Momma doesn't cook." My girls can tell you that! We will normally go eat somewhere, or order something.

Don't forget all the daily stuff like homework, practice piano, cooking and cleaning up supper...It just never ends! I like having my routine back. During the summer I just say, "It can wait until tomorrow" guess what? It never gets done!

On a last, off the subject note, I am asking that you pray for Winna Wilson. She is in Lubbock in the hospital. They are not sure what is wrong, other than her kidneys are trying to shut down. They also think there are some "hot spots" from her breast cancer 12 years ago. They will be putting stints in her kidneys tomorrow to see if that will help. As of now, she will be in Lubbock for an undisclosed amount of time. This woman means so much to me, and has been a big part of my life since I was in Jr. High. Winna is a big influence on my life, not only did she teach me to love piano, but she also taught me about faith and how God loves you, even when you don't think he is around. Now my children are taking piano from her and just love her to pieces! I know one day they will realize that Winna just doesn't teach piano, she teaches you about God and how he gives you talents to use while we are here.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story about Winna. I love her also. We used to go to church together and she was always so sweet to me. Melissa, I envy your schedule. I try to make a schedule, but I am just so darn tired, that I don't do anything on the week days. I wait til the weekend and then I feel my weekend is ruined. I need to get a routine.

    ReplyDelete