Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bella, Bella


Yesterday evening we came home and I just kept noticing that Bella was not moving from the spot she was in. She was being very quiet, and kept pulling on some loose rope from her bouncy rope. Well, this got me wondering, so I kept watching and noticed she would fall asleep in that spot...which is not normal, when she naps she is up at the top of the cage, and she was toward the bottom. Robby got up, opened the cage door, and when she tried to climb up the back of the cage, she couldn't! Her little foot was tangled up in the rope! I hurry out to the garage and get a tint knife, and Robby gets her cut loose from the big rope and gets her out of the cage. I start cutting the knot off from around her foot, and her little toes were cold. The problem was we didn't know how long she had been caught...neither one of us went home for lunch, I came home for a little bit before I had to go back to school, but I couldn't remember exactly where she was. We just held her the rest of the evening, and when we put her back in her cage she kept favoring that one foot.

We decided we would wait until tomorrow to see how she was acting. In the morning she was still favoring the foot. Robby called and talked to an Aviary Vet in Amarillo and he wanted to see her just to make sure there wasn't anything major going on. So at lunch we decided we should take her to the Vet. So Robby takes off to Amarillo with Bella. Once they get there, the Dr. looks her over and says she has probably just strained some of her ligaments, and her foot is a little swollen. Now, Bella has a prescription of Celebrex to take for several days...in a way that is just funny, I have taken Celebrex for my knee!

The good news is..Bella is going to be fine, and is healthy..the Dr. said she should live a long and healthy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment