Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Last Weeks of Summer

Every summer I do the same thing...I have all these projects I want to do around the house and I wait until the last 2 or 3 weeks of summer to do them. Well I have done it again! I start out and say, oh, it can wait until tomorrow...but guess what, tomorrow is here! So if I get no other projects done, I will get Haley's room painted!

We were going to paint her room last summer, but thanks to the lovely Father's Day storm, it didn't happen. We are almost ready to paint. As soon as she wakes her little hiney up, we are headed to Walmart for tape, drop clothes, caffeine, and other miscellaneous supplies we may need. Her room will be finished by this weekend.

Haley leaves for Church Camp on Monday, so I have to get all of her stuff ready and packed for that...what is really bad is her sleeping bag is in the trailer, and the trailer is down. We are going to have to pop up the trailer just enough to get her sleeping bag out.

I also need to go through the girls clothes(and mine) and see what fits, and what doesn't so we can go school shopping next weekend. I don't mind shopping for clothes for the girls, but Robby is always there and rushing us! He'll say, "Do you have to touch every item of clothing in the store? Aren't you through yet? Oh my gosh, can ya'll just hurry?" He is going to have to learn that when you have 2 little girls shopping for clothes, who are growing up, and forming there own opinions, it is going to take a while to find the right clothes we need for school. But I don't say anything to him, because he is there, shopping with his girls, and I don't ever remember my dad shopping with me. Plus, he carries all the cash.

Well, Haley's up, fixing to head to Walmart! Have a great last couple of weeks of summer! I'll post pics of Haley's room when we are finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment